Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Friday 11 July 2014

7 simple tips for creating a bouquet

I always have a passion in flower arrangement. Making things beautiful makes me very happy. I bought a S$25 voucher from Groupon and attended a 1.5h workshop at Rosebud. The instructor taught us the basics of creating a bouquet. If you are interested, try the tips and you will feel very happy when your product is completed!

Tips

  1. Use a dethorn cutter to remove thorns easily
  2. Peel damaged petals from left to right
  3. Select bigger rose for the centre position
  4. Ensure that the side flowers e.g Baby Breathe are of the same of the same height.
  5. Soak cotton bud and wrap the bottom with a plastic bag.
  6. Ensure that water does not leak when bouquet is resting
  7. Use scotch tape to secure

Simply Love
I named it Simply Love because the feeling of the bouquet tells me that the love is forthright and passionate. Since the bouquet is not elaborate, it has a certain raw sense of sincerity. My sis and I did not like the rolled leaves effect.

After the course, I was inspired to view Youtubes videos on different types of wrapping and arrangement. I am thinking of signing up for a flower arrangement course at Hans Florist and Training. I did not sign up with Rosebud because the lady was so pushy and kept hard selling to us her course that it was a turn off.

I am still learning and looking for opportunities to create more bouquets. If you are interested, I can create for you which would be much cheaper than the ones selling in the shops.



No comments :