Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Monday 21 July 2014

Zuo Ji Duck Rice and Porridge at East Coast

East Coast Lagoon Food Village
#01-29 
1220 East Coast Parkway
Lunch on a weekday

Overall 4/5

Food 4/5
Ambience 4/5
Variety 4/5
Service 3/5



I love to eat braised duck rice and my all time favourite is Zuo Ji at East Coast Lagoon Food Village and I want to share my joy with you! As I was on leave, I decided to drive to East Coast to enjoy the breeze while eating my favourite duck rice. 

The queue was very slow moving. I took my time to observe what was on sale. Zuo Ji served a variety of duck meat, web, liver, some skin flaps, intestines etc.  the queue is slow moving, I would turn all skeptical - Is the owner doing this on purpose to make it appear that the food is very popular? But when I saw what was served to me, I thought it was worth the wait.

The gravy was thick and fragrant. The duck had its bone removed and chopped into small succulent tender pieces. My mouth was already watering as I took my food and looked for a seat. The outdoor seating was nice as I picked one with a sea view and sheltered. It was windy. 

Finally I could sink my teeth into the tender duck meat. It had the infusion of both the fragrance of duck meat and spices. The rice was well cooked. Every rice could be separated easily. The cucumber was fresh and crisp. I saw many customers mixing a type of sourish chicken chilli with balacan chilli. I still prefer having just the balacan chilli as it mixed better with the duck meat. The soup tasted like the usual chicken rice soup. 

Tip: The soup was not provided. Remember to ask for the soup.

I would definitely be back if I had a craving for braised duck rice. Yums! 

No comments :