Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Saturday 12 July 2014

Easy tips to follow while cooking Katong Laksa



I was inspired to cook my own Laksa after watching Gordon Ramsay's Hawkers Challenge. I went to 313 to try and I tried to replicate the flavours. It is a pretty easy dish to cook.

Tips

  1. There was once I overcooked the thick bee hoon and it tasted awful. This type of bee hoon is very delicate so watch the fire. 
  2. Add in the coconut milk after you have mixed the laksa broth and balance to your liking. Avoid dumping too much coconut milk at one go.
  3. To achieve the oomph, it lies in the chilli. Buy a good bottle of samba chilli from any supermarket and mix.
  4. To replicate Katong Laksa, get your scissors ready and snip away! Serve with a spoon only to look authentic. 
Have fun experimenting with local hawker fare at home!

No comments :