Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Sunday 13 July 2014

City Plaza - My Shopping Experience


I knew about City Plaza when I asked a friend where her mother bought her evening gown for her wedding so I took my mum there too for my wedding. It is quite difficult to find evening gowns for mothers - something that money cannot buy if she doesn't fancy cheongsams. Indeed, she found a gown that she liked and at the same time, I saw that City Plaza sells very modern office wear or casual clothes too. 

On Saturday, C needed to work so I headed down to City Plaza to shop as it was only a 3 min drive from my Keyboard lesson. I had to hunt for my Red Dress - my department attire colour code for a photoshoot in July. After three tiring hours, I did not manage to find red dress but other colours. Just when I was going to give up, I found a red dress which I wasn't entirely satisfied with because it did not give out the "I am so serious" vibes. Nonetheless, I bought it for $39.90, responding to a fear that I might not find a red dress in time if I give this okay dress a miss. As usual, the salesgirl said that the dress was supposed to cost $59.

After I had purchased it, I walked down the nearby row of shops. There in front of me was "The Red Dress" I was looking for. It looked more formal. "It is always like that! When I am looking for it, it hides away. When I am not looking for it, it pops up right in front of you!" I was whining inside. I checked with the salesgirl. It cost only $20! The quality is good! The lining is also porous, good for Singapore weather. Offer but cannot try! She told me that that rack of dresses cost $20 each. After some deliberation, I purchased three dresses! After paying, the first thing I did was to go toilet to try. Yeah, the cutting is good!

The Red Dress - $20
The floral print dress - $20



The Blue Dress - $20


The Blue Dress is my least favourite. I admit I had bought it because it was cheap and too good to resist.
Black Dress with Green ribbons - $30
The Black Dress with lines - $39.90

I decided to return to the shop where I had bought my first red dress to exchange for another dress. I am not a fan of red. The salesgirl was nice enough to change and recommended me to change my red dress into a black one. The black one looks great! It is C's favourite. Imagine it in red - the sides reminds you of spiderman?

The Simple Blue Dress - $10


The last picture was the best buy! $10 for such a quality - easily sold in departmental stores for $60.

Tip - Anyway, City Plaza has some good buys but it is definitely not for the faint hearted. I needed to shop for three hours to nab these buys and it was after walking down rows of shops that sell weird fashion. Good luck if you are going! Try Arnold's Chicken if you are there. It was closed for renovation - would be reopening on 17 July.

No comments :