Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Friday 11 July 2014

How to create your own bouquet on Happy Mother's Day?

A day before Mother's Day, C and I went to Far East Flora along Thompson, intending to purchase fresh cut flowers for my bouquets. There are many sections in Far East Flora. Look out for the sign "Fresh Cut Flowers". It is huge. OH MY GOSH! Many people had the same idea as me - to create my own bouquet. I was brimming with excitement! TIP - Wear thick clothing because the place where they store the roses is very very very cold.

I went online and discovered that the trend now is not to arrange flowers neatly in a round shape. The European style is in trend - they anyhow arrange the flowers in spiral and as you turn the bouquet, you keep adding flowers where you see empty spaces until the bouquet is full. I also went online to find out whether I could make my roses appear larger. There is a youtube that teaches you how to force open your roses by opening them with your fingers. Do not follow force open your roses because they wither quickly. Instead, try to purchase larger blooms. When the roses start to wither, I panicked and searched online again and true enough, some other florists caution against using fingers to ply open the rose.

Undying Love
I chose this colour - Fuchsia because it is my mother's favourite colour. I also learnt the wrapping online. You need to fold the wrapping paper in a fan with multiple folds and wrap around the bouquet in order to achieve the puffy look. I named it Undying Love because that is what carnations represent - unconditional and undying love by mothers.

No comments :