Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Monday 21 July 2014

Seasonal Salad Bar at Toa Payoh - How to make your money worth?

I was driving home from work and turning into the carpark when I saw C who had just parked his car and walking down the ramp. My heart leapt with joy. I rolled down the window and called out to him to hop in.

"What shall we eat tonight?" I asked.
"I want to eat Toa Payoh Salad," C replied.

The Seasonal Salad Bar Buffet, which took over Sizzler, was not fantastic but we always found ourselves returning whenever we wanted a hearty meal and yet could fill our stomachs with healthy greens. Tonight, I must say, the restaurant had improved by leaps and bounds! Perhaps, we have finally ordered the right dish.


http://www.onionrestaurant.sg/seasonal_saladbar.html

This is the link if you are interested. Who would call yourself onion restaurant? I thought it was weird.

Anyway, if you happen to be in Toa Payoh, we have done the calculations - the best way to make your money worth is to order their New Zealand Sirloin Steak and Salmon (or any other meat) steak combo at $32.90. Order another salad bar buffet at $19.90. Of course, if you don't mind stuffing yourself, you could add $3 more dollars for another Fish Main course which would come with the Salad Bar Buffet anyway. We tried that in the past but we were too full. Tonight, we could not finish the Salmon.


Ambience suitable for family outings
My favourite soup
The other two soups available were Mushroom Soup and Clam Chowder. I liked all three soups. Creamy and satisfying!

Sauces for the salad
I love the broccoli and cauliflower!

My favourite salad is Tuna Potato
Nachos 
The pasta is very average.
I like the Sesame Oil seasoned egg noodles.


The Main Course - New Zealand Sirloin Steak and Salmon Combo came quite long after we had ordered but we had no complaints because we were busy with the salad bar.


The main course was the star of the dinner, especially the beef. It has been so long since I ate a nice piece of beef. We ordered medium and we were so pleased with the beef juices oozing out when we cut it in the middle. As we put the beef into our mouths, it was heavenly! The salmon steak was average, but not overcooked. I was glad I ordered salmon because of the Omega 3.



I ate dragon fruits, jelly and watermelon for dessert. C ate chocolate ice cream which he thought, tasted weird. I told him he must have taken the wrong flavour. 




You can have unlimited hot drinks for an additional amount of around $3.50. 


We would definitely be back to try their New Zealand Sirloin steak and salmon combo again! We tried their other steaks in the past but it was average so I am going to stick to this combo in future.

No comments :