Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Friday 11 July 2014

Cooking Lor Mee - Mistake to avoid

The Lor Mee shop opposite my house had closed. My husband and I had cravings for Lor Mee one day and it inspired me to cook my own version!

Lor Mee


Tips
I searched online and discovered that the original Lor Mee comes with fried fish instead of the pork slices that we usually see nowadays. Do you think I would create my own battered fish and still need to cook Lor Mee? Of course not! I purchased frozen fish fingers from NTUC, coat it with a little olive oil and chucked in into the air-fryer. It tasted extremely yummy. 

For the Lor Mee sauce, use dark soya sauce, a little oyster sauce, pepper, tapioca flour and black vinegar. Caution: Do not add the tapioca flour directly into the sauce with the noodles. You will end up with lumps like me and you would have to start all over again. You have to dissolve the tapioca flour in a small bowl until it has completely dissolve and pour the mixture into your sauce. 

When cooking any type of yellow noodles, it is important to cook them separately in another pot because of the yellow colouring. Enjoy!


No comments :