Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Sunday 13 July 2014

Aglio Olio Pasta with balsamic vinegar


In my previous posts, I have already emphasised that I am a chop chop kali pok chef (fast and efficient if you put it the nice way; lazy if you see it from another perspective). 

I purchased frozen shelled tiger prawn meat from NTUC. When you want to eat prawns, all you have to do is to refroze them - no more disgusting deshelling. 

I am quite proud of this dish because of my self created recipe. I purchased balsamic vinegar recently so I wanted to try cooking with it. I balanced it with fish sauce and it was nice! 

Tips: When cooking pasta especially aglio olio style, you have to avoid overcooking it in the water. Once it is not hard, take it out. I used tuna flakes because by fluke, I discovered that it goes very well with pasta. The tip is to fry until the tuna flakes become slightly dry and omitting a nice fragrance. The balsamic vinegar added an extra tang to the dish!

No comments :