Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Friday 11 July 2014

Two Simple Mistakes to avoid when creating your own bouquet for your loved ones

I purchased the flowers from my usual haunt - Far East Flora. This time round, it was not so crowded because it was not a special day for everyone. It was for my sister's birthday. I chose hydrangeas because they were my favourite! I received them on my Hen's night. For my sister's birthday, I redo it twice. The first time round, I placed the bouquet in the fridge overnight and two pink hydrangeas withered. I searched online and realised that our fridge is not suitable for storing flowers. So, DO NOT place your bouquets in your home fridge, thinking that it would prolong the life of the flowers. Do check with the florists or online how to store the particular flowers that you have purchased.

First attempt
Innocent Love 1
Second attempt
Innocent Love 2

To be honest, I was not very pleased with my first creation because I had chosen sky blue for the wrapping but it was not a very nice contrast with the bouquet. Avoid choosing wrapping papers that are too light in colour. They look very nice when rolled up. For the second attempt, I chose a nice pinkish mixed with baby blue. Love it!

I am looking forward to creating a sun flower bouquet and waiting for an occasion. 



No comments :