Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Monday 4 August 2014

Nail Stickers



I was first attracted to nail stickers because my fingers and toes were hurt from manicure. Despite my reminders, I would bleed and they would still charge me. I did not want to create a scene so I paid up. The more important reason why I swore off manicure was that I witnessed how easy it was to have open wounds in nail parlours. I shudder whenever I imagine the germs that would be spread through the open wounds if they do not sterilise their equipment.

One day, after a movie at Cineleisure with C, I saw a bazaar outside the shopping centre. Recently, I went there and it was still there. There was a stall selling a huge variety of nail stickers at $1 a pack! It was the cheapest I have ever seen. It was cheaper than Pasar Malam which was selling them for $2 per pack. I bought many packs.

It was not as easy as what the salesperson had demonstrated. I had to cut the sticker closer to the size of my nail and file the extra at the end off. The photo below shows the colour I had chosen for a wedding dinner at Intercontinental Hotel at Bugis. I did that in a rush in C's car on the way. He claimed that we needed to reach by 7pm but in the end, my prediction was correct because the dinner started at 8pm, which was early, by Singapore's standards.


Of course, nail polish would look nicer but since it was only $1, I have no complains! It will last through a few hair washes. Have fun! 

No comments :