Subcribe to our RSS feeds Join Us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Add to Circles

Monday 4 August 2014

Lao Huo Tang at GEM - a place to have a meal with your family

When I mention Lao Huo Tang, most people would associate it with the huge pots found in a soup stall at food courts. I enjoy the soups and especially the free soup refill service. So when I chanced upon the restaurant version, I was elated.

I have visited the restaurant a few times and today I would be blogging about the birthday dinner for my father-in-law. I didn't manage to take shots of all the food because it is quite embarrassing when you are taking out your iPhone and snapping away especially in front of your in-laws. I felt self conscious.



Si Ji Dou

ABC Soup

Minced meat with preserved vegetables

Cereal Prawns

Seafood Hor Fun

The dishes that we had ordered were delicious and the price was quite reasonable. The dishes cost slightly cheaper than Crystal Jade. I hope that they would open more branches in Singapore. The service was not fantastic as we had to signal a few times to get the staff's attention. They were not very smiley. I thought it was typical of a Chinese restaurant so it did not affect my impression. 

No comments :